Monday, December 23, 2013

Stockings for Men and Women - (Blogmas)

I probably should have posted this article sooner, because if anyone decides to now do a last minute Christmas Stocking, there's only one shopping day left!


For me, a stocking should be full of "little somethings" and lots of chocolate. Stockings can be inexpensive or extravagant. As a recent graduate, I don't have much cash to throw about and so my stockings this year are on a strict budget. I usually start collecting bits and pieces for the stockings I am making from the beginning of December. It's much easier that way than leaving it all to the last minute!

Stockings - before being stuffed with goodies!

I am making a stocking for my partner, Andy, and my sister, Nicki. Here's a sneak peek as to what I pull in them!

An overview of the two stockings.

My Sister's Stocking ...

Nicki's Stocking.

- Make-Up Remover Wipes (Primark),
- Headband for Face Washing (Primark),
- Santa's Beard (White Candy Floss) (Asda),
- Reindeer Droppings (Chocolate Raisins)(Asda),
- Lindt Bear (Tesco),
- VO5 Hair Serum with Heat Protectant (Tesco),

- Reindeer and Rudolf Noses (Chocolate)(Asda),
- Chocolate Santa & mini Chocolates (Lidl),
- Jar of Jelly Beans (my Sister loves them) (Tesco),
- Pug Socks (Tesco),
- Flower & Stripe Socks (Tesco),
- Bird Scarf (Peacocks), &,

- Minnie Mouse Pyjama Bottoms (Peacocks).
(I also got my Sister a traditional Lebkuchen Heart with Christmas writing and decoration on it from the German Christmas Market in Southampton, but I can't find it! I hope I find it before Xmas Day!)

My Boyfriend's Stocking ...

Andy's Stocking.

- Santa's Flying Saucers (Sweets) (Asda),
- Santa's Fizzy Belts (Sweets) (Asda),
- Santa's Beard (White Candy Floss) (Asda),
- Reindeer Droppings (Chocolate Raisins)(Asda),
- Lindt Bear (Tesco),
- Pic'n'Mix (Old Sweet Shop),
- Reindeer and Rudolf Noses (Chocolate)(Asda),
- Chocolate Santa & mini Chocolates (Lidl),- Jelly Snowman Lollypop (Old Sweet Shop),
- Socks (He really needs some new ones!) (Peacocks),
- 'Police - To Be' Eau de Toilette (Blue Inc),
- Candy Cane (Old Sweet Shop),
- Chocolate Coins (Tesco), &,
- JVC Sport Headphones (He broke his last 3 at the gym!) (Tesco).

So those are the stockings that I made this year. They weren't really cheap - you can make much cheaper stockings by filling them just with sweets or handmade goodies.


Did you make stockings this year? What did you put in them?

Love & Kisses,

Vicki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment