Sunday, September 21, 2014

Jersey Trip - Day 3 & 4


Day 3:

Yesterday was such a beautiful day here again in Jersey. We had a relaxed breakfast at the apartment and enjoyed the views.

One of the views from the apartment.

We visited the Jersey War Tunnels at midday which was very interesting. In Jersey this have lots of these old German tunnels in which there was a hospital and many other things to service the German Army during the war. It was interesting but quite creepy - I can't imagine what it must have been like to live down there! 

Outside the Jersey War Tunnels.

After a yummy lunch cooked by my Mum, we visited the Jersey CAMRA Real Ale and Beer festival. It was cool because you paid £10 for entry and then were given £7 worth of beer vouchers (which I used for Prosecco). 

Beer Festival!
Once we'd had enough we strolled down to the Grand Hotel for some fancy cocktails. Being a bit worse for wear, Andy sat down on a chair that wasn't there and fell smack on his bottom. He then proceeded to smash his brand new cocktail ... It was so embarassing! It was such a nice bar - we felt so awkward that we left quite soon and left a big tip to say sorry!

Day 4: 

We went to Jersey Pearl to look at some of the jewelry made on the island. There were so many pretty things that I would like to have bought! 


For Sunday lunch we drove to a pub called 'The Victoria in the Valley' which was apparently given an award by TripAdvisor this year. I had a Chicken Roast and Andy had a Beef roast - both were very good, but nothing beats the Sunday Roasts we have back at home.

Jersey cows are so pretty.



After a relaxed afternoon we went to the beach just by the apartment. Andy wanted to go swimming, but the tide seemed to be very strong so decided against it.


I need to pack my bags now. The only thing I dislike more than packing is unpacking - haha! I'm sad to leave after a nice trip, but I can't wait to see my dogs and sleep in my own bed. 

Love & Kisses,

Vicki xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment