Friday, September 19, 2014

Jersey Trip - Day 1



Yesterday Andy and I arrived in Jersey for a long weekend away. I'm really looking forward to spending some good quality time together without the distractions of everyday life and work. 




At the airport I bought us a little treat for the short flight - yummy Jelly Belly beans. I had the 'Hello Kitty' ones, as I've had them before and know that they are delicious. Neither of us had tried the 'Ice Cream Parlour Mix' jelly beans before and all I can say is "wow"! I definitely recommend trying them - they taste exactly like the flavours they're supposed to taste like! 



We are staying at an apartment that my Mum rents out just by the beach. The flat is so modern and I love her cute decor. This is the guest bedroom we are sleeping in which has a fitting nautical theme. The flat overlooks the sea and has a gorgeous quiet beach-front.



When we landed in Jersey, my Mum was there to meet us at the airport. We headed down to 'El Tico' which is a lovely beach restaurant. As we hadn't had lunch and it was already approaching 4pm, I had a small spaghetti bolognese and Andy had a Crab Linguine. Both were super tasty. If you ever visit Jersey and eat at El Tico, be sure to try their signature Malteasers Cheesecake - it's amazing! 

We then made our way to the flat where we relaxed for an hour and refreshed up. As the apartment is just by the beach we decided to go for a stroll to explore the area. We ended up climbing a cliff side and saw the most stunning views of the island. On the cliff side there was an old german bunker (there are many of these spread out all over jersey's coastline) which Andy decided to explore. Apparently it had old furniture in it, such as beds and dining chairs, but it was too dark to see much else. We discussed trying to find a torch and going back to have a look over this weekend ... but we'll see - it all sounds quite creepy!



After our walk, we went to another beach-side restaurant, 'Le Braye'. Both Andy and I had Chicken Caesar Salads which we swear were the best we've ever had. After supper we were pretty tired so we headed home and climbed into bed to watch some tv shows on the iPad.


Love & Kisses from Jersey! 

Vicki xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment